Tuesday 17 December 2013

What could the future hold? ... Monday 16th Dec

December – religious celebration or commercial spend-fest? It would be nice if it was the former but I fear it is turning into the latter. Certainly Mrs P seems to find more ways to spend every year. To add to the excitement for us in the Perry family, we have the eldest’s 18th birthday coming up. So for us it’s a double whammy on the spending stakes, but she’s worth it. I suppose like a lot of people I find it incongruous that we save all year to splurge over just one week. A bit like a holiday, but without leaving home, and without the sun. Well now that’s my Grouch impersonation out of the way, I must confess I’m looking forward to us all being off together, though the eldest becoming technically an adult is a thought too scary for me to consider. Instead I’m concentrating on extending my repertoire of one-handed, wrong-handed, house work. I’ve managed to get in washing some dishes, drying some dishes, minimal dusting and minimal vacuuming. No ironing. Preparing a few meals, and helping Mrs P to clean some windows. If you asked Mrs P she’d probably say I never did much more anyway.

If I keep up the physio I could be back to full working order in the New Year, though the rest of the family may be hoping for a new improved version. Talking of which I must give some thought to my New Year’s Resolutions. See if I can’t actually commit to something worthwhile next year. Hmmm, the possibilities …!

Yours thinking big.

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment