Sunday 8 December 2013

TV wishes and Ashes misery ... Friday 6th Dec

Another quiet day on planet Perry. Given my current incapacity I was limited to a walk round to see the folks for a cuppa. In my current situation I actually find myself looking forward to the start of the Christmas TV schedule. At least it may mean there is something worth watching during the day. If not I shall have to seriously considering looking into the Box Sets that are available through the TV at the moment. Though I’m not sure I want to start anything right now, it’s a big time commitment, what with Christmas and everything. My current moment of sunshine in the TV schedule was to be the Ashes highlights, and I avoid hearing the overnight score so I can watch with optimism. Unfortunately this is swiftly crushed by Australia piling on the runs, and what seems like England’s obligatory batting collapse.

But it did get me thinking what I would like to see at Christmas. Some new films, some old films - preferably including the Marx Brothers –, lots of sport - preferably including England winning a test Match –, and no reality TV or so called celebrities. At least there should be some good sport to watch, though I’m not holding out much hope for the Ashes.

Yours feeling festive.

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment