Wednesday 11 December 2013

Monday 2nd – Tuesday 3rd Dec

I’m still spending some of my time visiting hospitals at the moment. Either for physio, or doctor’s appointments. I know the NHS gets a lot of stick in the media, but my experience with the broken collarbone has been pretty positive. True if I’d seen the shoulder consultant sooner after I’d broken it - it took 9 days - I might have had the operation sooner, but apart from that it has all gone smoothly I’m pleased to say. I got to see the new x-ray today which showed the metalwork now holding my shoulder together, and very robust it looks. I have setting off metal detectors at airports, every time I go on holiday, to look forward to now.
The physio can be painful. Today when I explained it felt ok apart from when you touch the bone in a particular place, I was told it needed to be de-sensitised, and you do this by touching it! Which he did! Oh how I jumped, at least I would have done if he hadn’t been holding me down. I have now been instructed to carry on massaging the bone and the surrounding area myself, something I am not looking forward to. Inflicting deliberate pain on myself has never ranked high on my list of favourite things to do, and I don’t see it making an appearance any time soon.
Yours tentatively.
Jay
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment