Thursday 19 December 2013

Not driving towards Christmas ... Tuesday 17th – Wednesday 18th Dec

I’ve now been without my car for 6 weeks, ever since I broke my collarbone. Its funny how you get used to changes in circumstances that you think may be difficult. I had expected being without the car to be difficult, but I have found it to be relatively easy. Granted the folks have had to drive me to the hospital and physio, but apart from that I’ve walked everywhere. I’m sure if I had the car I would be using it, spending money on petrol and probably other unnecessary things. It just goes to show what you can do without, if you need to, and brings into question how many cars people really need. Because if you take the car away suddenly you might find that the things you had to do, because you could, because you had a car, you can suddenly manage without. It might stop people spending so much, it might keep families at home more. It could even benefit the planet, though maybe that’s stretching a point. Here endeth the Christmas message.

Mrs P bought our annual Radio Times the other day, and I took a quick look at the Christmas Films, and I must say how disappointed I was by them. There are plenty on, but they all fall into one of two categories, either I’ve seen them, or I don’t want to see them. What I would like, is some old Marx Brothers films, or a decent new blockbuster, but it doesn’t look like this house husbands Christmas Film wish is to be granted. Oh well, back to watching the darts for me.

Yours in the Tungsten Thunderdome.

Jay  

No comments:

Post a Comment